12 South is currently one of Nashville’s trendiest neighborhoods. It consists of a half-mile stretch along 12th Avenue South full of restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, bars, and boutiques. Whether you’re wanting to spend a day dining and shopping or you’re looking for a unique neighborhood to call home, 12 South is one to consider!
About 12 South:*
- County: Davidson
- Population: 2,823
- Median Age: 28
- Housing Units: 1,096
- Median Value Home with Mortgage: $496,700
Where to Eat:
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que– This Nashville Bar-B-Que joint is a tribute to all things southern. Edley’s smokes all their mouthwatering meat daily using local White Oak Wood and they only smoke enough meat for the day, so it’s a first come first served kind of place.
- Ladybird Taco– This gem is a newer 12 South staple specializing in breakfast and lunch tacos. Ladybird serves house-made tortillas, queso, and salsa from fresh ingredients.
- Embers Ski Lodge– Inspired by an après-ski scene at Aspen Mountain, this bar creates the warmth and camaraderie of a ski lodge in the heart of Tennessee with their menu inspired by the Pacific Northwest, innovative cocktails, and the largest selection of whiskey in Nashville.
- Taqueria Del Sol– After taking off in Atlanta, Taqueria Del Sol expanded to the Music City and opened its first Tennessee location in 12 South. Over the past few years, this fast casual Mexican restaurant has gained notoriety around the city and is a go-to for a good taco.
- Franklin Juice Company– This hot spot provides Nashville with healthy, organic, local products. Serving cold press juices and acai bowls, the Franklin Juice Company is dedicated to sourcing the highest quality organic produce for their customers.
Where to Shop:
- Emerson Grace– A Nashville based company that features contemporary women’s clothing from graphic tees to dresses, Emerson Grace has all your fashion needs.
- MODA Boutique– Fittingly named after the Italian word for “fashion,” MODA Boutique is a hub for designer clothing and jewelry. It’s known for its variety of styles from edgy to casual to dressy.
- Vinnie Louise– Vinnie Louise is a Nashville based, women’s clothing boutique committed to finding one-of-a-kind, affordable items that bring out the best in every woman. They bring stylishly selected clothes at affordable prices to Vinnie girls everywhere.
- White Mercantile– This is the general store for the modern tastemaker. White’s Mercantile promises an unforgettable shopping experience that covers all the bases —from Bloody Mary mixes to organic dog treats, handcrafted leather bags to goop products, from classic soap bars to candlewick trimmers to the extensive apothecary and home décor section full of treasure, White Mercantile has it all.
- Serendipity- This cozy, family-owned shop carries stylish women’s apparel, local handmade crafts and unique gifts.
What to do:
- Interlight Yoga- The bold, fresh, filled with love yoga studio is one of Nashville’s first music-based studios. They offer creative vinyasa classes that move to the beat and allow you to get lost in the flow.
- Sevier Park- This park features multiple playgrounds, tennis and basketball courts, a walking path, and a community center. It also hosts farmers markets, concerts, and other community events.
- Murals- 12 South is home to many of Nashville’s popular murals including the “Nashville looks good on you, “I believe in Nashville,” “Looking pretty Music City,” and “Make music not war” pieces of art.
*Data from Point2Homes