Transitioning from a 9-5 desk job to a real estate professional can be difficult for any business professional, especially during that first year. Diving into the real estate world can be intimidating with the uncertainty and competitiveness that comes with the business. We’ve put together 8 tips to help you build your brand and excel during your first year of real estate.
- Treat it like a business: Transitioning to being your own boss can be difficult for any professional. However, for your own success, it’s incredibly important to treat your real estate business as an actual business. Set yourself a schedule, goals to work towards, create a plan, and manage your numbers.
- Build your database: Add everyone you meet and talk to about real estate to your database and most importantly follow up with them! Forgetting to follow up can cause you to miss great opportunities.
- Know your area: While buyers and sellers can do research and figure out some things on their own, you are the expert. You have experience and other sources they don’t have access to. The more you know, the easier it is to gain trust from your clients.
- Find your niche: Finding a niche is very important and can help you build a reputation to stand out. For example, be known as the real estate professional that excels in finding their client’s fixer-uppers for a deal or investment properties for investors to put on rent.
- Have a strong social media presence: There are so many benefits to having a social media presence as a real estate professional. It will improve your brand visibility, help in networking, and boost your website traffic. In fact, SproutSocial.com found that 99% of millennials and 90% of baby boomers begin their real estate search online as opposed to in-person referrals.
- Invest in yourself: It can be hard to invest in your real estate business since you don’t necessarily know what the outcome will be. However, it’s practically impossible to be successful in real estate without spending some money. Whether it’s a logo designer, professional website builder, or even a business coach, dedicating some funds to help build up your business is incredibly important, especially in your first year.
- Find a brokerage that fits you: All brokerages are different, so it’s important to find one that will fit your style of business. Here at Bradford Real Estate, we are a team of real estate entrepreneurs and our flexibility allows you to run your business your way.
- Keep track of the numbers: It’s important to keep track of your monthly income and spending as well as returns on your marketing efforts. Know what is working and what isn’t so you can maximize your income and your success.
Taking these steps during your first year in real estate can help you build your business and create habits that will help lead to your success in the future. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Bradford Real Estate, reach out to us at (615) 279-5310!