East Nashville is a culturally-diverse area with a quirky vibe and buzzing food and nightlife scene. It’s located right across the Cumberland River from downtown Nashville and consists of neighborhoods featuring dive bars, craft cocktail joints, coffee shops, and vintage stores which all call East Nashville home.
About East Nashville:*
- County: Davidson
- Zip Codes: 37206, 37207, 37216
- Population: 61,056
- Median Age: 37
Where to Eat:
- Redheaded Stranger- Redheaded Stranger is THE go-to taco shop in East Nashville. If you’re looking for fresh and delicious tacos, brisket, hatch green chiles, or other southwestern inspired foods, Redheaded Stranger is the place for you!
- Rosepepper Cantina- Rosepepper is one of Nashville’s leading tequila bars and restaurants. Specializing in Sonoran style Mexican cuisine, Rosepepper offers an eclectic menu matched with a unique vibe and atmosphere.
- Hearts Nashville- Hearts is inspired by Melbourne, Australia’s cafe and coffee scene. They serve breakfast, brunch, and lunch with a menu that reflects the owner’s Aussie heritage, featuring egg-based dishes, salads, sandwiches, healthy bowls. Their dishes all feature locally sourced produce from right here in the heart of Nashville.
- Five Points Pizza- Five Points Pizza offers NY-style pies and excellent craft beers and wines in a friendly neighborhood setting. Although right now they are only offering carry out and delivery, it is the perfect meal to take home and enjoy with a bottle of wine.
Where to Shop:
- Lucaya Clothing Co.- Lucaya is a hometown boutique that offers trendy and modern women’s clothes. With new arrivals every friday, you’re bound to find something you like in this cute shop.
- Welcome Home- Nashville’s one stop shop for everything home related, Welcome Home features decor such as rugs, lamps, are, and pillows, as well as gifts for anyone you could ever think of.
- Her Bookshop- This cozy, inviting nook offers a specially curated selection of unique, highly designed books with a wide range of topics. The perfect place to bring a coffee and scope out your next favorite book!
- Hunter & June- For all things dogs, Hunter & June provides customers beautiful and unique products for dogs and the people who love them. Their goal is to make shopping for your pet enjoyable, easy, and effortless.
What to do:
- Shelby Bottoms Greenway- The beautiful oasis in the city runs along the Cumberland River and offers over 5 miles of paved trails perfect for hiking, biking, running, skating, and wildlife watching. Open daily from dawn to dusk, there is always something to do at the gorgeous greenway.
- Five Points- The area in East Nashville where 11th and Woodland meets, Five Points is home to various restaurants, bars, shops, and festivals. Whether you’re looking to grab brunch or a craft cocktail, there’s somewhere in Five Points for you.
- Murals- Some of Nashville’s most famous murals are located on the East Side, including “Bear Outing,” “What Lifts You” hot air balloon mural, and “Stay Tuned” colorful Nashville mural.
*Statistics From: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/East-Nashville-Nashville-TN.html
Video created by: TheModernFilmmaker