Here at Bradford we’ve recently welcomed a few Real Estate Professionals who specialize in helping families in Williamson County area, including Franklin. Therefore, this week we’ve decided to highlight Franklin, TN! Located about 20 miles south of Nashville, Franklin is one of the principle cities in the Nashville Metropolitan area and Middle TN. Franklin is the 7th largest city in Tennessee as of 2019. Franklin is a unique mix of history and progress. Downtown Franklin highlights some of that history within it’s 15 blocks of historic district which offers elegant shopping, restaurants, antique shops, a variety of clothing stores, art galleries, professional services and more.
Whether you’re thinking about moving out to the suburbs of Franklin or just wanting to visit for a day during your Nashville getaway, there’s something for the whole family in Downtown Franklin!
Where to Eat
- Gray’s on Main- Gray’s menu reflects the best of the South in food, and focuses on locally and regionally sourced ingredients. The three stories of Gray’s on Main features a dining room, bar and music hall, as well as a space for SOCIETY Supper Club Members.
- Puckett’s Boat House- This hometown gem focuses on providing friends with great food and Southern hospitality. Now with six locations including one in downtown Franklin, Puckett’s has built a name by hosting live musical act and serving Southern staples.
- JJ’s Wine Bar- Right at the corner of Main Street and 2nd Avenue, JJ’s is an upscale wine bar with a trendy edge. With a fun, relaxed, and comfortable atmosphere, JJ’s Wine Bar offers 28 different types of wine, dispensed in your choice of sizes.
- 55 South- The menu at 55 South showcases owner, McConnell’s take on down-home, Southern comfort food. It has the timeless, small-town, southern approach where everyone is treated like family. Whether you are looking for BBQ, Nashville Hot Chicken, or a BLT, 55 South is the place for you.
Where to Shop
- Aubree P. Boutique- Started by a Nashville native, Aubree P. Boutique features affordable and cute clothing, jewelry, and accessories for women. Guest can shop at the storefront in historic Downtown Franklin, as well as online and via social media.
- CITIZEN- After opening their doors in 2017, CITIZEN gives back to individuals and organizations within their community and features a storefront where people of all ages and backgrounds can come and feel welcomed to shop, browse, talk, or just hang out. No matter your age, gender, or lifestyle, there is something at CITIZEN for everyone.
- Onyx + Alabaster- This full service interior design studio and home interiors market was founded upon a love for people and a desire to see transformation. O+A provides inspired beauty through unparalleled design, interrupting the ordinary with everyday luxury.
What to Do
- The Franklin Theatre- Over the past 70 years, the Franklin Theatre has stood as a testament of the simpler way of life. While the Franklin Theatre continues the cherished tradition of showing movies, they also bring live music to Main Street.
- The Battle of Franklin Trust- this organization manages two historic landmarks in Franklin, TN that witnessed the Battle of Franklin, the Carter House and Carnton. Both of these landmarks are open to the public for visitors to learn about the Battle of Franklin during the Civil War.
- Gallery 202- One of the premium art galleries in Franklin, Gallery 202 offers an array of artistic styles and mediums for viewing including: paintings, antiques, glass, jewelry, pottery, and sculpture.